Tuesday 10th March 2020
Here at Horsham Sports Club the health and safety of our members as well as our staff are our top priority.
We continue to monitor the situation with the coronavirus (Covid-19) closely and would like to ask you all for your cooperation by following the developing guidelines below that we are implementing effective immediately.
As per the public information and guidelines provided by the Government we ask that ALL MEMBERS thoroughly wash their hands in the changing rooms when entering the building for any reason whether using the bar or playing squash or tennis etc. Obviously supplies of hand sanitizer are hard to come by but we are using our best endeavours to provide dispensers in the club. Please do NOT remove the spray should we be able to source this from the club so that it is available for all members to use.
Jason in the Gym will be spraying all equipment with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and has politely asked that you to please not wipe down equipment using your own towels which you have also used to wipe your face. Squash players should also use care with their equipment and face towels.
In summary we ask:
• Please do NOT come to The club if you are unwell.
• Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use the spray if provided.
• Carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use the sanitiser. If you do not have a tissue please cough/sneeze into your shoulder/sleeve, NOT into your hands.
• In the Gym please feel free to ask Jason or his team for use of the disinfectant cleaning spray to wipe down machines and equipment after use.
• If you have recently returned from any countries/areas which are known to be of high risk please do NOT come to the club and follow the instructions in the link below.
We ask anyone who is concerned that they may have encountered the virus to follow the Government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
The latest Government advice is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
As always we will do our utmost to make the club a safe, clean environment for you to use and we thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please bear in mind that although the majority of us would not be affected severely should we be unfortunate enough to contract this virus, we are extending our concerns for those who have underlying health issues, elderly relatives and young children.
Best wishes and good health to you all,
Horsham Sports Club Committee